Friday, September 02, 2005

Start clean slated

Least Complicated
(Song by Indigo Girls)

I sit two stories above the street
It's awful quiet here since love fell asleep
There's life down below me though
The kids are walking home from school


Some long ago when we were taught
That for whatever kind of puzzle you got
You just stick the right formula in
A solution for every fool


But I remember the time when I came so close to you
I let everything go, it seemed the only truth
And I bought you that ring, it seemed the thing to do.
What makes me think I can start clean slated
The hardest to learn was the least complicated


(...) It's more than just eye to eye

Learn the things I could never apply

Oh, I'm just a mirror of a mirror of myself
All the things that I do
The next time I fall I'm gonna have to recall
It isn't love it's only something new

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous plantou esta semente...

desculpa a ignorância, mas o que quer dizer "Slated"?

7:34 PM  
Blogger Ju T plantou esta semente...

Na verdade é uma expressão: Clean Slate - é meio como começar de novo, a partir de uma página em branco - deixando pra trás erros e tropeços do caminho... (tb pode ser usada para empresas - quando as dívids são perdoadas, por exemplo) Ups - olha a professora de inglês re-surgindo, surtada!!
Beijocas!

5:46 AM  

Plante sua semente